.Jobs Discussion Board
August 22, 2017, 05:55:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Note: The discussion board requires a separate registration.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Participation vs. Revenue  (Read 9568 times)
mnelson12

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2010, 08:44:58 AM »

It appears that .jobs is a voluntary process intended to make the job search easier for applicants.  Have there been any validated attempts to reach out to applicants and find out if this has any value?  Also, why should employers sign up for .jobs, when applicants are used to going to their website and clicking on careers?  As a person fresh out of the hunt for a new job, adding more domains and names and searches doesn't improve the process.   Sure there will be data consolidators, like INDEED, that can help us deal with the info overload.  The initial .jobs plan to market to employers did not yield the expected number of companies buying domains, also if you ask an independent search firm, their company name won't necessarily help them increase their applicant pool.  Now there is a request to modify the plan, since it was not as profitable as expected, to possibly appeal to search firms and HR folks needing to aggressively market for specific applicants.  The business premise is good, more revenue, however, the process isn't transparent enough.  HR is expected to have the highest standards and provide economical solutions, since it is a cost center rather than a revenue generator.  If this becomes a war to get cool domain names at high prices and create 1,000's of job boards, everyone loses. Please make the process more transparent and demonstrate the interest in the applicant experience and business effectiveness that it appears was initially intended for .jobs.
HelenJames

I'm on [url=http://twitter.com]Twitter[/url] and my [url=http://www.essaysexperts.com]essays[/url]

76481353 helenjames@mail333.com HelenJames HelenJames
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 09:20:29 AM »

I think we all get a little bit distracted from the main topicstarter's theme

I'm on Twitter and my essay
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: